Thursday, October 16, 2008

Justin Martyr...

is the man. So i may be a huge nerd or i may be just expanding in my knowledge of the early church fathers. But i know for sure that this guy is awesome. Although his thoughts on bringing the lost to Christ are a bit out there with his "bridge building" ideals i find myself in accordance with him on many of his writings. "He was schooled as a philosopher, studying under a Stoic, an Aristotelian, a Pythagorean, and a Platonist, until he met an old man who in Socratic method raised questions only the "Christian Philosophy" could answer." Everett Ferguson's Church History V.1. I Justin's second Apology he states "Whatever things were rightly said among all men are the property of us Christians." I love the way that sounds all things that are truths of this world (look out Post-Moderns) yes truths are property given to us by the Risen Son of God the Father creator of all things. Epic thought.

thats all i got for now i must get back to writing my paper on this guy.

peace.

and may the force be with you....
but mostly with me.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I miss your face.

heather. said...

in the words of master reed- "i quite like that"